If you are an automotive technician and you’re looking for mouth-watering auto jobs near you then this article is recommended for you.
An auto Technician or mechanic is someone who repairs Automotive parts, accessories or tire stores. Meanwhile, the majority of auto technicians prefer working for large automobile dealers in the auto repair and maintenance sector.
These engineers take care of almost everything pertaining to cars on 4 wheels ranging from minor jobs such as changing a car’s oil, water pump, and inserting an air filter to complex engine tasks.
Best of all, auto engineers can work on fuel and diesel engine vehicles. They play a huge role in making sure a car keeps functioning properly.
Although, there are many branches of auto technicians and you can as well decide to focus on one of the specialities within the occupation.
Some of the specialities include:
- Automotive Air-Conditioning Repairers – Install and Repair Air conditioners;
- Auto Body technician – Builds automotive body parts;
- Auto Glass Technician – Specialises in the windscreen and all glasses on the car;
- Brake Repairers – Make changes and corrections on brake systems;
- Undercar Technicians – Align and Balances Steering mechanisms;
- Transmission Technicians – Works on gears and other hydraulic systems; and
- Engine Performance Technicians – Service Emission systems to ensure efficient engine performance. etc.
Cars and other petroleum, diesel, or alternate solution vehicles are examined, fixed, and maintained by automotive service technicians.
What to Note before Applying for Auto Technician Jobs Online
Job offers being displayed often vary due to location and other factors might also affect the rate of job availability. You might also need to have knowledge of basic computer skills since most of today’s automobile shops are run by complex computers and integrated electronic systems.
How to Find Auto Technician Jobs Near me.
Before you enrol for an auto mechanic job it’s advisable to know your speciality (Service technician, body technician, technician, Automotive Technician etc.) and preference of work for proper placement.
If you want to apply as a part-time worker or full-time worker then you should state during your application, although, most companies do state their requirements during application such as:
- Minimum year of experience
- Working times
- Required licenses
- Vehicle specialization or certifications
- Certain computer skills Etc.
Other options to select from include: Work from home, No degree; under 3 years of experience etc.
Now, how to find auto mechanic jobs in a few steps.
- Simply go to your Google search
- Input any of the given keywords, “Auto Technician Jobs”, “Auto Technician Jobs Near me”, “Mechanic Jobs”, etc.
- Then hit the search and allow Google to bring up a list of automotive job listings in your location.
- You can then filter the result by either the title, date posted, location, requirements, type, employer, company type etc. to match your preference.
Once you see any job that matches your interest then you can click on it to expand the job requirements and also apply with their available application methods.
That’s all on sourcing for auto jobs online.
How much does an Auto Technician make?
An auto Technician makes an average of $5 – $60 per hour. So on average, you’ll earn a total of $25k to $100k annually.
Price ranges depend on the company you are submitting your job application to. Payments differ depending on the company type – for instance, a Retail, consulting, repair, manufacturing, logistics, wholesale, computer services, Rental, Entertainment, Information, Management, Utilities and Professional Services industry will pay their auto engineers differently.
So it’s necessary to choose wisely for maximum workmanship experience.
What are the highest paying Auto technician Jobs?
Here’s a list of the highest paying auto technician jobs in no order.
- Automotive Master Technician
- Master Mechanic
- ASE CERTIFIED Technician
- Maintenance Car Technician
- Car Turner
- Car service technician
- Emergency Car Engineer
- BMW service engineer
- Vehicle Maintenance technician
- Alignment Specialist
- Preventative Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Shop Laborer
- Lubrication Technician
- Mechanic Helper
- Entry Level Auto Technician
- Tire and Lube Mechanic
- Oil change Engineer etc.
Although this list changes and might differ based on company experience it’s advisable to be the best at what you do to beat the competition in the auto Aftermarket.
The above simple guide is the certified method to search for an auto technician job near you if the need arises.
However, don’t forget to always work on yourself even while applying for these jobs so that you will be picked by the best automotive companies and earn yourself a fortune from your automotive engineering career.
Remember that practice makes perfect.
How helpful was this post?