If you reside in the United Kingdom, London to be specific and you’re looking forward to working in Tesla motors; here’s a list of jobs and how to apply for a job in Tesla Automotive.
Tesla is an American automotive company based in Texas, they aim as increasing the rate at which the world transition into using electric cars, solar and integrated energy solutions with Elon Musk as the CEO.
As of the time of publication, Tesla only operates in some regions of Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and North America and with time will expand into other African Countries.
However, since we’re making this article for our readers in the UK who are seeking to further their careers in the automotive industry at Tesla Motors, let’s be brief.
Is Tesla a good-paying Job?
Tesla employees earn an average of £10 to £50 hourly which implies that you could be earning between £15,000 to £290,000 yearly.
Although payment might be subject to changes and positions you’re applying for at the company.
It’s also known that Tesla values their designers more and like this, they may likely earn higher than most position holders.
You also tend to enjoy some employee benefits while working at Tesla, such as health insurance, retirement plan, long and short time disability insurance, paid time off etc.
What Job Category are Available at Tesla Careers?
If you’re seeking to join Tesla either as a Remote, Part-time, Full time or Seasonal worker then you must be an expert in any of the following career paths.
- Engineering and Information Technology
- Energy – Solar and Storage
- Autopilot and Robotics
- Health and Safety
- Construction and Facilities
- Legal and Government Affairs
- Sales or customer support
- Supply Chain
- Vehicle Service
- Business Support
- External Relations and Employee Experience
- Charging and so on
Although, you can choose to apply as an intern or apprentice if you don’t have any experience and would love to learn at Tesla Motors.
What Qualifications do you need to get a job at Tesla?
Well, the CEO once stated that you don’t need any certificate most times to secure a job in Tesla motors but it’s still relevant to put these requirements into consideration.
- Must be up to 18 years of age
- Experience in Designated Field
- High School Diploma or GED, and post-secondary automotive education level
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving records.
- Must pass the 16 weeks training sessions with at least 85% GPA
- Ability to work with teams and achieve desired goals
- Understanding of English Language
- Basic Computer Skills etc.
Also, remember that requirements might vary depending on the position you’re applying for but above are some of the requirements to keep in mind. We’ll keep updating you as time goes on.
How to Apply for a Job in Tesla Motors
Now that you’ve got basic information on Tesla automotive company, let’s get you started on 2 ways to Search and apply for a job at Tesla.
- Click on this link Tesla Career UK to visit the Tesla Career Page,
- You’ll see a form to fill > enter your job category > job type > Region > Location (Europe)> State (if applicable) > and finally City Appropriately
- You can decide to leave the Search (Senior Software Engineer, Global Supply Manager, Data Scientist, and Modeler etc.)and Location empty to get search results from a different location in the selected Region
- Now, scroll through the results and click on any one that matches your job category and location
- On the next page, you’ll be shown what you should expect, what you’ll do, what you’ll bring and requirements if there are any.
- Click on “Apply” after going through it
- Next, fill in the form, submit your LinkedIn profile and submit your resume on the job application page.
- Complete all the job application steps and you should get information on how to proceed via your email address.
Although this is the most recommended way to check for Available job opportunities at Tesla, you can also use the below guide to save yourself some time.
- Navigate to your Google search
- Search for “Tesla Jobs in London”, “Tesla Jobs in the UK” or “Tesla Jobs near me”
- You’ll be shown vacant positions in Tesla Automotive.
- You can click on show more jobs to expand your search.
You can also sort your Job preference using the filter button and you’ll only be shown tailored results. Click on a preferred job choice and proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the job application.
Also bear in mind that you’ll be likely called in for an interview so brace yourself to pass.
Does Tesla Train New Employees?
Yes, they do.
Tesla START is a detailed training programme that equips people across the United States with the skills needed to succeed at Tesla and beyond. Individuals develop technical knowledge and earn certifications during the course, including in-class theory, hands-on labs, and self-paced learning.
How Many Hours a week Do Tesla Employees Work?
Due to large and complex productions, Tesla employees work on a 12-hour shift daily from 6 AM to 6 PM while another employee takes over from 6 PM to 6 AM.
Although there are four shifts, 3 days on 4 days off then 4 days on 3 days off.
You could also decide to work overtime during the weekends for extra pay.
If you’re living in London and would love to earn a living under Tesla Motors then the above guide should have given you a preview of what to expect while working there.
Nevertheless, there has been some confusion based on some reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed about their working hours and the likes but I’ll urge you to overlook these critics and check them out.
Once you’ve hit your dream job at Tesla then all you need to do is be rule-abiding and become better in your profession.