The main function of the washer fluid is to clean the Windshield while driving in terrible weather conditions, however, you must Drain and refill the Windshield Washer Fluid occasionally.
Failure to do this will result in the washer pump which is responsible for supplying washer fluid to the Windshield to start malfunctioning or not responding at all probably due to the washer fluid being insufficient.
Also, asides from keeping the Windshield clean and clear from dirt or dust, the Windshield Washer Fluid helps to maintain the reservoir pump and visibility while driving.
To Drain the Windshield Washer Fluid, you’ll need a draining pan under the opened reservoir while connecting them with a hose for drainage after which you can refill with new washer fluid before screwing and covering your bonnet.
Although, different car models such as the BMW, Honda, and co have their own washer fluid draining technique which we’ll also skim through below.
Without wasting much time, let’s learn how to Drain Windshield Washer Fluid Accurately on your automotive.
How to Drain Windshield Washer Fluid
Here’s a step-to-step guide on how you can Drain your Windshield Washer Fluid Accurately and effectively without necessarily needing the help of a mechanic.
- Find a good spot to park your car
- Lift the car bonnet
- Now, locate and open the washer fluid reservoir.
- Next, Loose or remove the clamp connection attached under the hose before removing it
- You can now place a draining pan under the opened reservoir to Drain the washer fluid till empty.
- Now, refill the empty reservoir with a fresh washer fluid as prescribed by your auto manufacturer.
How to Drain Windshield Washer Fluid on BMW
You can find most of these DIY guides on the buyer manual of your car but for clarity, let’s discuss how to Drain the Windshield washer fluid on a BMW car.
- Find and open lids around the chamber of your left tire
- Loosen the screws holding the lids and pumps while removing the pump from the vehicle
- Carefully disconnect the washer fluid pipe while also removing the washer fluid reservoir.
- You can now Drain the remaining washer fluid and replace it with a new one.
- You can now reinstate the washer fluid reservoir.
- Finally, reinstall the lids and pumps removed initially.
How to Drain Windshield Washer Fluid on a RAM Truck
If you own a ram truck, especially the 2023 RAM 1500 then here’s a step-by-step guide on how to Drain and refill your washer fluid.
- Open the hood, locate the washer fluid reservoir and open the cover and air vent gently
- Now, remove the washer fluid reservoir by using your screwdriver to open a red switch.
- You can now Drain the washer fluid using a draining pan before re-installing the washer fluid reservoir.
- Finally, screw the necessary bolts and cover the hood.
How to Clean a Windshield Washer Reservoir?
Dirt and debris from the washer fluid can get stuck in the Windshield Washer Reservoir especially when you use the wrong washer fluid.
Since the reservoir is detachable, all you need to do is pour water into it and shake it to clear the reservoir multiple times.
- Open the bonnet of your car
- Remove the washer fluid cover
- Now, Drain existing washer fluid into a container
- Pour water into the reservoir and flush it out multiple times
- Once you’ve made sure the reservoir is clear of dirt and grim, introduce a fresh washer fluid into it and attach it.
As discussed above, the washer fluid is relevant for maintaining visibility while driving on a rainy day.
You must Drain and refill your washer fluid at intervals with the recommended fluid to avoid casualties while driving.
Not to worry, in this article, we’ve discussed how you can Drain and refill your washer fluid reservoir efficiently and appropriately.
How helpful was this post?