This article will teach you all you need to know about Tesla Aftermarket Rims for all Tesla models ranging from the Model Y, Model 3, Model Y, and the Tesla Model X.
Tesla is an American automotive company based in Texas, they aim as increasing the rate at which the world transition into using electric cars, solar and integrated energy solutions with Elon Musk as the CEO.
As of the time of publication, Tesla only operates in some regions of Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and North America and with time will expand into other African Countries.
Can Aftermarket Wheels be Put on a Tesla?
Yes, as long as they fit but you’ve to do that using a third party and then ask Tesla SC to rotate them. However, Tesla will never install aftermarket wheels on your car due to corporate mandates.
Although, it’s not advisable to do this due to Tesla tires are superior compared to the Aftermarket Rims which might not last as much as the original will do for you.
Continue reading as we’ll also show you top aftermarket parts vendors which you can purchase your Tesla wheels and rims from.
Does Tesla use Special Tires?
Yes, their tires help curb the starting torque and regeneration load better than conventional tires. So, using the appropriate tires for your Tesla motors will save you the experience of quick tear and wear other vehicle users complain about.
Aside from this, Tesla tires do have a huge lifespan of about 24,000 to 31,000 miles which varies on road conditions and driving habits.
But it isn’t a bad idea if you would love to change the rim of your Tesla motor to a conventional one.
What Rims fit on Tesla Model 3?
Traditionally, a Tesla Model 3 is 18-20 inches in diameter and 8.5-10.5 inches in width are the most common wheel sizes. With positive +20 to +50 mm offsets.
What Rim fits on Tesla Model Y?
Traditionally, for a Tesla model Y, 19”, 20”, and 21” inches in diameter and 9.5 to 10.5 inches in width are the most recommended wheel sizes.
What Rim Fits on Tesla Model S?
Traditionally, a Tesla Model S a 22” inches in diameter and 9 inches in width. With a positive +25-+40 millimeter offsets.
What Rim fits on a Tesla Model X?
Traditionally, a Tesla Model X a 20”, 21”, and 22” inches in diameter and 8.5 to 10 inches in width. With a positive +35 millimeter offset.
How much does a Tesla Rim cost?
A Tesla Rim costs between $3400 – $4000 for a set of 19″ sports rims with $100 per TPMS sensor making it costlier than conventional tires.
Best Aftermarkets to buy Tesla Rims & Wheels
We’ve outlined some of the best Aftermarkets to purchase your Tesla wheels ranging from the Tesla Gemini Wheels, Tesla aero wheels, Tesla Model Y wheels, Tesla Model S wheels, and so on.
So go on and explore the sites to your satisfaction.
- RVRN Wheels.com
These are the sites you can get your Tesla wheels and rims from, although there are several other tire vendors you can get from if you don’t have these sellers in your location.
Tirerack is one of the best rim sellers with a star rating of 4.9 out of 5. They help you with all you need to get your car wheels straight.
- You can visit their website at tirerack.com > click on the left sidebar to bring out a set of options
- Click on shop products > select tires or wheels > then sort your result by vehicle
- Input your vehicle details and hit the NEXT button
- Next, you’ll be shown the factory tire sizes, and optional sizes, and you can also decide on custom sizes for your Tesla.
- You can also decide to place a call if you’re confused about what to purchase.
- Now, click on “View Results” to show the results
- Click on any preferred offer and check out.
Tirerack in some cases offers free delivery to your location.
Tsportline.com is the world’s first Tesla turner. Asides from Tesla Automotive rims, they sell upholstery, Tesla tints, and other car accessories.
- To get a Tesla Rim from tsportline, simply go to their website and click on the left sidebar
- Under your Tesla car model, click on the down arrow to expand the options
- Find a wheel type under Wheels and tires.
- Select a preferred wheel from the search results and check it out.
They’re the best alternative when it comes to purchasing Tesla Automotive rims.
RVRN Wheels Tesla Forged Wheels
You can visit their site at RvRnwheels.com and place an order depending on the specification of your Tesla model.
- Once you’re on the site, click on the left sidebar to bring out the menu, then select “Tesla Car Wheels” from the options.
- You can now make a selection from their collection of forged Tesla wheels series.
How to Make Tesla Tires Last Longer
- Avoid fast/hard accelerations
- Avoid driving on bad roads
- Hard braking
- Rotate your Tesla tires at recommended intervals
Do Tesla Comes with spare tires?
No, Tesla doesn’t provide their customers with extra tires for their vehicles and they’re not the first auto company that does this.
Some of their reasons for leaving out a spare tire are practicality, weight, lack of use, free roadside assistance, and inefficient labor.
Advantages of using Aftermarket Tesla Rims
- Low cost
- Unlimited selection of tires to choose from
- Can run on flat tires
Demerits of using Aftermarket Tesla Rims
- Low quality than Tesla tires
- Inferior stopping power, grip, anti-slip properties, pressure retention, and puncture resistance
- Increased wear of tires
- Short life expectancy
Advantages of using Tesla Wheels and Rims
- Higher quality than standard tires
- Superior power grip and resistance
- Longer life span
- Decreased wear of tires
Demerits of Using Tesla Rims
- Higher cost of tire purchase
- A limited selection of tires to choose from
- You can’t flat-run Tesla tires
Can I Tow a Tesla?
Yes, since Tesla motors using the factory tires can’t run on flat tires, they’ll need to be placed with a towing truck – Trailered.
You can’t tow them like the normal vehicles because the rear motor in a Tesla generates power when the wheels spin and also to avoid wearing the rims beneath the tire thereby causing damage and overheating.
That’s all you need to know about purchasing an efficient aftermarket rim for your Tesla Models and still getting the desired result.
Do let us know your experience with using any of the above-mentioned tire Automotive companies.